Site Meter Elsie's Space: Illusions
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Illusions

It's all an illusion. This photo. The way I've been moving through my life. Going through the motions, day after day. Getting on with things. Attending year-end concerts, plays, parents' nights. And always with a smile.



Oh yes, I know I've been bad, so very bad, about keeping up with this blogging thing. I've tried and tried, but for some reason it's here that the real me keeps showing up. The tears come, and it's not pretty. It doesn't feel right to subject any of you to them. And frankly, I'm sick of my own tales of woe. Here's the latest: my grandma fell a month or so ago and broke her pelvis. She's now in a nursing home where I visit almost daily. See?



Staying busy and not thinking too much helps me get through the days. The nights are harder. It's hard, nearly impossible, to hide from my wonderful Bob. So friends, please bear with me. I promise to be back from time to time. I check in on all your blogs almost every day, I simply don't have much to say right now.



No one ever told me that growing older would be this hard.



Peace and love to you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

And lots and lots of love to you, elsie.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Sometimes we just feel that way Elsie...times when we don't know what to say or quite how we want to express outselves....or even IF we want to express ourselves. It's okay....we understand. Don't worry about anything....we love 'ya.....

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life seems to come at us in bunches like grapes. You've sure had your fill lately, and many of them have had seeds. Hope it will settle down just a bit for you in the near future. Meanwhile, don't fret about us. We're not going anywhere and will be awaiting your return...

5:20 PM  
Blogger MaryB said...

Hang in there, Elsie. I can certainly relate to what you're going through. I just thankful that I no longer have to face the year-end month of May (which is 'way busier than December, by a long shot). We'll see ya' when you find time to come back.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home