Site Meter Elsie's Space: Blah
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blah

Blah sums up my feelings fairly accurately. I've got a bad case of the blahs/blues. Understandable? Yes. But that doesn't make it feel any better. I got a good scolding from one of my blogger friends who told me, in no uncertain terms, that I'd better get back on the ball. So here I am, trying my best.

For what it's worth:

Is the former governor of NY a complete idiot? What on earth was he thinking? Why didn't the guy use cash? But what I wonder most of all is why did he resign? Bill didn't. And, in my most humble (yet correct) opinion, if president Billy boy didn't resign after abusing a young White House INTERN, why should the governor resign? Billy's offense seems much more egregious.

My son is definitely attending the private school I mentioned long ago in a previous post. After much thought, that's what we've decided. Wouldn't you? Get this.... Son was in honors program last year (7th grade). Unfortunately, he got a 'D' in Spanish (his only non-honors course, since none of the children had studied a foreign language before). He was dropped from the honors program for 8th grade. About two months ago he came home with his course selection for high school which I had to sign off on. Where were the honors classes? "Mom, this is what my guidance counselor told me to put down." "What about math and science?" "Mom, this is what he said I should take." "That's bullshit." (Okay, I only said that in my head, but it's what I was thinking.) Just a day or two later, he received his acceptance letter from the private school congratulating him on being accepted into their "challenging Honors Program." They also told him that he was a "young man with a great deal of potential." THEY see it. The public school was going to let my bright, bright son fall through the cracks forever because he got a 'D' in Spanish in 7th grade? That was it for "honors" forever? Not for my son. It all goes back to the no child left behind thing. It's turned into the no child pushed ahead thing. Not for my son. So, we sent in the deposit, and he attends orientation in May. Oh.... last week he received a letter from their foreign language department strongly suggesting that he switch from Spanish to French when he attends their school. No, I do not feel elitist. I know how lucky my son is that we can afford to send him there. I feel fortunate that my son has the opportunity to achieve his full potential. It's sad that there are others out there like him that don't.

Yesterday was St. Joseph's Day. It's a big holiday in these parts. Our neighbor brought over a couple of zeppoles yesterday. Guess how many are left. Yummm.

Easter is just days away. Last night I filled all the eggs to be hidden for the hunt. We're having 14 people for dinner. And here I am, crying again, because Mil and Dad will both be missing for the first time. How I miss them. They'd both want us all to move on and be happy in our lives. I'm trying, I really am.

There's a message on my answering machine from my dad from the first day he was in the hospital. I can't bring myself to erase it. What's wrong with that?

One of my best friends and her husband have decided to divorce after 25 years. I just can't believe it. She's very bitter. I flat out asked her, "Is this really how you want things to end after all this time? You want to be enemies? I think you'll regret it later." Her, "I hate his f...ing guts."

Who made the back of the toilet tank the official tissue box place?

Will I ever feel creative again?

Happy Easter to all! Remember, somebunny loves you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

This all seems very creative to me!

Good news about Son. A wise decision I think and one I'm sure that he will benefit from. (For example, he'll learn how to compose a sentence properly!)

Could you re-record the tape of your dad and keep it someplace safe?

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home