Site Meter Elsie's Space: The Naked Truth
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Naked Truth

The truth is...

I used to look better naked. Now I don't mean that I looked better naked at 26 than I do at 46. Of course that is true. It goes without saying and seems true for almost everyone. I mean that I used to look better naked than I did clothed. Even in my younger years, I never really liked the way most clothes looked on me -- my arms seemed too long, my thighs too large -- clothes just didn't seem to hang right on my body. But naked (and as vain as this sounds), I thought I looked more than okay, and I never heard any complaints.

Time changes everything. I saw my whole naked body the other day. Of course I've caught glimpses of parts of myself over the past many years, but since having children I no longer wander around naked; therefore, I don't often see my entire body all at once. I had just taken a shower, opened the vanity drawer, and lo and behold, no towels. Not a single one. And I was standing there dripping wet. Having to choose between drip drying or going into the hall closet to search for a towel, I decided that a towel was the way to go. And on my way I passed a full-length mirror. Me, in only God's glory, in front of the mirror. Not a pretty sight. How long have I looked like that? And how could I not have noticed this sooner?

It's the kids. Blame it all on the kids. Since becoming mom, there's no more wandering around the house naked -- no chance to see my whole self. Yup, it's all their fault that I no longer look better naked. Sigh, sigh, sigh. I ate my way through the past few months. Think that might have anything to do with it? So, last night, having just eaten two bunny ears, I decided that it's time to shape up. It will be good for my health, good for my self-esteem, good for my life. I am officially beginning a healthy lifestyle routine.

Now can anyone tell me what's the difference between naked and nude?

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

We have quite a large mirror in the bathroom and when I'm getting into the shower I keep my eyes averted! Same reason I have hidden the scales!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now can anyone tell me what's the difference between naked and nude?"

Yes, I can...

10:59 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Liz, we have a large mirror in the bath also, but thankfully it only shows from waist level up.

Winston, well....

5:30 AM  
Blogger MaryB said...

I can't tell you the difference between naked and nude, but I can tell you the difference betweem naked and nekkid. "Naked" is when you're not wearing any clothes; "nekkid" is when you're not wearing any clothes and up to no good. ;-)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home