Site Meter Elsie's Space: What's Up?
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

What's Up?

Took daughter to Riverdance over the weekend. She absolutely loved it. She's been dancing/jumping around the house ever since. Her observation at the start of the show -- "It looks like Irish tap dancing." Then, after some actual tap dancing, "The American men look masculine. The Irish men look feminine." I don't know what else to say. Except that we had a great time!

My taxes are still not done. April 15th sure seems early this year.

I found another "girly" photo in my son's room. I am not a snoop. Never have been. Never will be. Maybe I should rethink that?

I have eaten Easter candy every day since Easter. I am "on a diet." Am I on a diet?

There's a spider living in the new nightlight in the bathroom. I keep meaning to take a photo of it, but the one time I actually went to get the camera, the spider was gone. I looked around for him because it had only been a moment. He was nowhere to be found. Later that day, he was back. Where does he go on his outings? Why has nobody else noticed him? Why don't I kill the ugly thing? I don't have the answers, but I've decided to let him live there as long as he likes (and as long as he stays out of my bedroom).

My daughter has a "boyfriend." She's nine years old and in the fourth grade. "You seem kind of young for a boyfriend. No kissing, okay?" With a grin, "Mom, we don't even talk." Ahhh, to be in the fourth grade.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Riverdane....I just love it too. What a nice outing for the two of you.

Taxes...YUCK! It's painful no matter when you do it...at least for me it is.

That Easter candy is a curse...but someone's got to eat it.

Yep, that sounds about right for love in the 4th grade. Who needs words?

11:18 AM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I'm on the same diet.

I have a similar relationship with spiders too. As long as they don't bother me ...

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "male" dancers -- masculine or feminine? You don't want to know.

The bottom line on taxes. You don't want to know.

Girly photos in son's room. You don't want to know.

Easter candy? Eat it until it's gone. Especially the Cadbury eggs. And stay off the scales. You don't want to know.

Where is the spider hiding? You don't want to know.

What daughter and "boyfriend" do? You don't want to know. But you better know... Though if you raised your kids like I think you did, you should have no worries.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home