Site Meter Elsie's Space: Boy Oh Boy
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Boy Oh Boy

According to his girlfriends, son is one of the most handsome boys at school (according to this mom, too). At age 13 he stands 5'10". He's got curly brown hair and an almost perfect smile. Let me correct that. He HAD an almost perfect smile -- until he fell in the basement, right onto his face.

It was pretty darned scary for this mom. I was cooking dinner when I heard him running up the stairs. He had his hands over his nose and mouth screaming, "Help me, Mom. Help Me!" And there he was with blood flowing everywhere. It wasn't pretty.

After an emergency trip to the dentist, he and I both feel better. There was no major damage (fracture), but one of his front teeth moved a lot.
The dentist assured us that he will certainly have a handsome smile again, after a visit to the orthodontist! Yep. My boy with the perfect teeth now needs braces. We have a return visit to the dentist scheduled in two weeks. After that I imagine there will be many trips to the orthodontist.

Boy oh boy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Oh bless him, that must have been nasty. And for you too.

1:52 PM  
Blogger MaryB said...

It'll all work out (at great cost to you, of course). Kate had a doomed front tooth - a bump in the bathtub turned the baby tooth brown. When the new one came in - beautiful and white - a kid knocked her down in the playground and chipped it. Bonded, braces, you name it - great teeth, though. I'm sure Son will have his old smile back in no time!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! So sorry to hear about this. I remember pictures of him that you have posted. He'll get that big handsome smile back, or even better. Dentistry and orthodontics can work wonders these days. Just a shame to have to do it...

8:47 AM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Elsie...he'll be just fine. Believe me I know first hand from one of my kids. Hmmm....maybe that should be a future post. He'll have that beautiful smile back again....don't fear.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Thanks you all. He actually looks much better now that several days have passed. That one tooth is still not straight, but you have to look closely to really notice (or be his mom, I guess). He is still going to have to get braces, but when I think of how much worse it could have been... braces really don't seem that bad.

Thanks again.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home