Site Meter Elsie's Space: Christmas Spirit
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Spirit

We made it through a storm where thousands of people were stranded on the highway for seven or more hours (including friends of ours) to mother-in-law's wake. We survived another storm over the weekend, but I was forced to postpone the Sunday School Christmas Pageant.

Now it's on to finish the shopping, wrapping, cooking and cleaning and dinner for 26 on Christmas Day. I promise I will be back soon to fill in all the details. For now, let's just say that I have a truly amazing family, more so than I ever realized.

I'm trying to find some Christmas spirit somewhere in the midst of all this sadness. I know it's here, and I can almost feel it when I look into the sparkling, excited eyes of my children. Maybe I'll feel it tomorrow.

Until then, Merry Christmas my friends. With love from Elsie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I've had a Christmas or two where my Christmas spirit was challenged Elsie. Sometimes you can glean the most from those holidays...you often find more meaning in everything around you. May you have a blessed day of love, warmth and joy my friend.....Happy Holidays to you and your whole family.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Winston said...

You've really been through the wringer during the last couple of weeks. I hope the world slows for you and that all of you can find peace, love, joy, and understanding during the holiday season...

11:37 AM  
Blogger MaryB said...

Like Joy, I've had a few challenging Christmases, as well, but you'll make it. Your kids and family will pull you through. And who knows? There may be some real Christmas surprises out there for you!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home