Site Meter Elsie's Space: I Wonder
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Wonder

I just finished a book that was a difficult read for me. It wasn't the words themselves that were challenging but the topic. The one light spot was when one of the characters described a list her sister had compiled: the Movies You Cannot Click Past. Now I've never had a list myself, but there are a couple of movies that I just cannot click past. There aren't many of them. I generally watch a movie once and that's plenty for me. I figure there are so many other movies out there that I haven't seen, why bother watching the same ones over and over again.

I suppose I should be embarrassed by my list for it does not include any classics, but for what it's worth I can't resist:

Groundhog Day. This was the one that immediately came to mind when I saw "Movies You Cannot Click Past." See how sophisticated my taste is? There's something about living the same day many times over and having the chance to redeem yourself that appeals to me. And, surprisingly enough, Bill Murray appeals to me in this movie, too. I've seen this silly thing many, many times, yet every time I click onto it, no matter where it is during the film, I stop to watch until the end.

With Six You Get Eggroll: Doris Day and Brian Keith and a bunch of unruly children. I'm not sure, but I'd bet this movie was released before I was even born. I haven't seen this one in a couple of years, but you can bet I'll stay glued to whatever channel it's on if I click onto it. Goofy, but I love it.

Yours, Mine and Ours: Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. Again, another that was probably made long before I existed (I should probably check these things, but I'm too lazy). I remember seeing it first when I was a little girl, and I thought that Lucy was absolutely beautiful and that the oldest son was cute as could be. I wanted to be part of that family.

MASH: Donald Sutherland. Need I say more?

I know I should probably include some classics on my list if only to show how mature my taste is. But it is what it is. What films would be on your list? Maybe then, if I start to pass by them, I can stop and bring my movie-watching ways to maturity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea for another list to circulate as a meme, even though I generally abhor those things. But this is a unique idea that I have not seen before. I'm going to think on it and then give it a go.

As to your list... quite revealing, my dear, quite revealing. Yes... quite. One of mine is on your list and I'm sure you could probably guess which..

7:44 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Winston, what exactly do you think it reveals? I was talking to one of my friends this morning and mentioned the list. She said, "I know what's at the top of your list -- Same Time Next Year." She may know me better than I know myself. She's absolutely right. How could I have forgotten that one? I think I could add one every day if I start really thinking about it.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home