Site Meter Elsie's Space: Treat!!!!
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Treat!!!!

Rice Krispie Treats it is, Mary! I just knew you'd have sticky mom experience, too.

I love Rice Krispie Treats. Yes, they're delicious -- sticky and gooey, too. Yes, they give me the warm fuzzies when I recall my own mom packing one in my lunch. But the reason I most love them is because they're so easy to make, and there's nothing to bake. I must confess, I am a bad (oh so very, very bad) baker. Nothing ever turns out the way it was meant to be. I've been persistent. I try and I try, and I've perfected lopsided cakes, translucent cookies (who even thought that was possible?), and dry muffins. Yet, even for me, Rice Krispie Treats turn out perfect every time! I include them in my arsenal of homemade, yet unbaked, treats (I've also got a way with chocolate dipped anything). Bring some to a party, and they're always the first thing to go. Kids love 'em. Grown-ups love 'em. Even the dog loves 'em.

No trick here. They're this mom's saving grace (saving face) contribution to the dessert table. Long live the Rice Krispie Treat!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those things, but have not had them for many years. I especially remember a version with semi-sweet choc chips. Yummm...

8:23 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

I'll make some especially for you, Winston. I've never tried them with chocolate chips, but now that you mention it...yummmmm, and it's certainly worth a try.

9:23 AM  
Blogger MaryB said...

Ta-da! And don't they look yummy? RKTs will definitely be on my weekend project list!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Can you eat the entire batch in one weekend? I sure can, with or without help.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home