Site Meter Elsie's Space: Better Late?
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Better Late?

A while back I said that I'd post some photos of Thanksgiving decorations. Happily, I've learned that I'm not the only one who decorates for Thanksgiving!

Here's a box of Thanksgiving stuff. I was excited to open it until I realized that much of what I have is not in this box. Do you think I was able to find the other box? No. It's probably buried up in the attic, a place I never venture. I'm missing the cutest wooden Pilgrims that usually adorn the den mantel. This year, it was left bare.



Here's the living room. It looks much prettier in person. I am not a good photographer.

Here's the kitchen.

Didn't I learn anything from Martha? Did you know you're never supposed to put out candles without lighting the wicks first? Well, I did light them before we had any company. I'm sure I made Martha proud.



Now what's this, you wonder? Obviously it's a turkey, which I made (well, painted and fired) for my son when he was about four.


It's a Lollipop Turkey. This is what he's supposed to look like, sort of. I've always used lollipops that are in clear wrappers. He looks more colorful that way. But a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do. After much searching for the lollipops (do you remember the ones that came in a strip, all different colors?) unsuccessfully, I ended up with these. The children still liked it, and it is sort of cute, but you should see what he's really supposed to look like. Maybe next year.

And now tomorrow is December 1. Christmastime. Be prepared for this year's CD recommendation -- coming soon. Any suggestions?
Hope all your Thanksgivings were wonderful!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Your decorations are beautiful Elsie. I especially like your fireplace and mantle....lovely. Well, you already know how I feel about decorations.....enough said.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Thank you, Joy. It's just about time for the first fire of the season. Maybe tonight.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

The colours and decorations are wonderful, elsie.

The turkey is ... interesting!

2:17 PM  
Blogger MaryB said...

I see I'm not the only one with lots of Thanksgiving decorations! Your place looks lovely - love the turkey!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home