Site Meter Elsie's Space: What a difference
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Friday, December 01, 2006

What a difference

a day makes. Mom looked much better yesterday. "Really, I do? Because I feel better, I think." "Yeah, you definitely look better." She seemed to be breathing a little easier which, of course, made me feel better too.

Then Dad called shortly after I'd left the hospital. "A nurse came running in and said, 'We have to take a picture of her heart right away.' They did, and a few minutes later came in to say that the monitor at the nurses' station showed that her heart converted back to a normal rhythm but that they needed to check it to be sure. And it did!!! Now all we have to do is wait for the pneumonia to resolve itself, and she should be good to go!" I don't think I've ever heard my dad sound so excited.

Great news! She's out of the woods, over the worst of it. Hopefully, Mom will be able to come home over the weekend.

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes. You're a great bunch 'o bloggers!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still with you.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Fantastic news, Elsie! I'm so pleased for you all.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I've been off-planet and am just catching up with this news. Glad she is turning for the better. Been going through the same thing with good friend my age, who is married to my cousin. He is (was) also my dentist, but had already sold his practice and decided to hang it up. This is 2nd for him, so it was a bit more serious. Not a fun thing to do. My thoughts are with you and your Mom and Dad.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear of the improvement, Elsie - still keeping you all in my thoughts.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home