Site Meter Elsie's Space: Another busy one!
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Another busy one!

Lots of fun over the weekend. My favorite part was our annual "Christmas Tree Hunt." We've been going to the same tree farm for the past seven years. It's always hard to decide which tree should come to live with us for a month or so, but we always find the one that's just perfect for us! Once we do, we tag it. In a couple of weeks, it'll join us at home.



Here's the tree we chose, and it's a beauty! The only criteria are that the tree have pinecones on it, and that it's the right height. Other than that, we wait until one speaks to us. Part of the fun is decorating the one we picked (makes it easier to spot when it's time to bring it home). It's a tradition at the tree farm. It gives me the warm fuzzies walking through them all.



Took Grandma out shopping today. I try to spend as much time with her as possible. She still has a great sense of humor and traces of her British accent. And she's still beautiful at 95!!!



And now it's time for me to get out to the grocery store. Food, food, and more food. Only three more days until my favorite holiday.

This feeling good is going to kill me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That looks like a biiiiig tree!

It's an exciting time of year and I think I probably love the run-up more than the actual day - though I love that too!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Peter (the other) said...

Your feeling good, makes me feel good. Thanks! And what a groovy looking ol' gal! Elsie, I hope for the best of Thanksgivings for you and the whole fam damily.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Liz, the tree's not too big. We've definitely had bigger. Then again, we're never really sure until it comes into the house!

Peter, Grandma is a groovy girl! And we all enjoyed spending time together on Thanksgiving. I hope you had some fun, too.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home