Site Meter Elsie's Space: A little privacy, please?
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A little privacy, please?

Daughter (who always says exactly what she thinks) came bursting through the bedroom door just as I was changing. "You have the longest butt crack in the whole world!!!!" "Could I have some privacy, please?" "But Mom, I'm not kidding, you have the longest butt crack I've ever seen!!" "A little privacy, please. Go out of this room. I'll call you when I'm done."

Longest butt crack in the world? Now there's an image you wish you could erase! First, in my defense, I DO NOT have the longest butt crack in the world. It only seems that way. In actuality, it's simply a four-inch scar on my lower back that happens to end...well, you can imagine where. So it's merely an optical illusion. I can't see it myself, just a glimpse here and there in the mirror, so I hadn't given it much thought until daughter's declaration. When hubby came home, I asked him about it. He smiled and said I shouldn't worry about it, that noone will see it. "But you see it." "And I love it." He has to say that, doesn't he? "Oh yeah. It makes me more attractive, that's right." He senses that I'm getting a bit upset about it. "Well, you could always get a tattoo over it." "Yup, let's call Zig." "Or, you could call the Guinness people and make it your claim to fame." Yeah. That's the ticket. My claim to fame.

Thinking about it, that "butt crack" changed my life, so I intend to embrace it. Things could be so much worse. You heard it here first. Longest butt crack in the world! Now if only I could have some privacy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

What would you do without them? Children that is not butt cracks!

Made me laugh.

Now what on earth is that letter - w? m?

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already been on the phone with the Guiness World Book of Records, Elsie. They'll be calling you soon ...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Hope your attempt is more successful than mine was (fastest time for a manuscript to be rejected - 10 minutes).

4:51 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Liz, the world would certainly be less interesting with neither kids nor butt cracks. Guess I'll have to keep them both!

Mary, thanks a bunch -- I'll be waiting!!!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home