Site Meter Elsie's Space: A Bunch of Insignificant Thoughts
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Bunch of Insignificant Thoughts

Redbox -- the greatest thing since sliced bread -- where you can rent a movie for $1.00 on your way out of the grocery store -- basically a DVD vending machine.

Things I've heard from children recently: Daughter --"You look pretty when you're sleeping, even when you snore." Son's friend -- "Happy birthday, Mrs. C., you're not as old as you look." Six-year-old neighbor boy -- "My dad says you're sorta cute in a middle ages kind of way." Same six-year-old "My dad sleeps in the bed, my mom sleeps on the couch." Kids will tell you anything!

Daughter -- "I want to take violin lessons," which sounds worse than any of the above. Ugh. Guess who rented a violin yesterday? And why haven't I been able to convince her to take piano lessons when there's a piano in our living room?

Led Zeppelin is going on tour. How many people under the age of 40 will attend?

I'm not so sure it's a good thing being a Patriots fan today.

Why does grooming the dog cost as much as grooming myself? He doesn't even get color!

How can so many boogers come out of one head?

Do everyone's kids get invited to at least one birthday party per month?

Why is the amount of time one takes to prepare dinner directly related to how late one's spouse will be getting home from work?

How excited am I to see Donald Sutherland starring on a new series?

There's a squirrel that has no tail living in our yard. He's been named "Mutant Squirrel Thing." I've been trying to get a photo, but I'm scared to get too close now that I know he's a mutant.

When will everyone's own conduct be more important to them than the conduct of Hollywood's finest?

I'm feeling lucky today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Does this mean you've sneaked a birthday without telling us?!!!!

'Fess up!

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list!
Yeah, poor Pats... I repeat, Go Titans!
What's Sutherland in?
It's now tomorrow. Were you lucky?

6:58 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Liz, I celebrated another birthday in August, and now I'm closer to 50 than 40. Yuck.

Winston, Brady had nothing to do with it...

My crush, Donald Sutherland, is on a new series on ABC, Dirty Sexy Money, starting on Wednesday, Sept. 26. I'm not sure it's my kind of show, but I'll be watching anyway.

I didn't win the lottery, but it was a pretty good day.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home