Site Meter Elsie's Space: Dear Old Dad
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dear Old Dad

It's been one year since my first post on this, my third blog. Most of what I want to say about Dad was included on that post (June 18, 2006). We've been through a lot over the course of my 45 years. We've been through a lot this past year. Dad's feeling much better, having had a pacemaker installed a few months ago. Here he is a few weeks ago, watching his granddaughter's swimming lesson. Not only is he a great dad, he's a wonderful grandpa, too.

I know how lucky I am to have him still. Each moment with him is a gift. So to Dad and all the wonderful dads out there, Happy Father's Day. Love to you all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fine looking gent he is! You are so fortunate to still have him around, as well as close by, apparently.

7:44 AM  
Blogger MaryB said...

Great looking daddy, elsie! I echo what Winston says: you're lucky to have him around.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks to be in fine form, and that is one impressive tent.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Elsie....

One of the joys in life, I've always thought, is to have your parents around to share your adult life with...and with your children. My dad wasn't so fortunate. Your dad is....you are indeed very lucky...and so is he. I hope he gets to go to many, many more swim lessons, and everything else.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

It is good to read about a good relationship with a dad who is still alive! There've been so many sad stories around this Father's Day .

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home