Site Meter Elsie's Space: Today's Embarrassing Moment
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Today's Embarrassing Moment

Lots of errands to run this morning, including a stop at the local grocer. Towards the end of my visit, I was perusing the frozen food section. I don't know where my mind was at, but I was standing there with one of the doors open looking for something. After grabbing what I needed from the freezer and closing the door, I noticed a woman standing there, waiting for me as I had blocked the entire aisle. I said, "I'm sorry." She said, "No problem. I was enjoying your singing." Singing! Then I realized that I had indeed been singing along with the muzak. And I knew every word to a song I'm too embarrassed to name.

How old am I?!! Singing to muzak without even realizing it! Sheesh. Way to go, Elsie.

5 Comments:

Blogger MaryB said...

So what were you singing? Hmmm?

I find myself humming all the time. The tunes vary wildly (and embarrassingly) from 70s disco to 50's do-wop to hymns to ad jingles to some awful 90's boy-band stuff. I annoy myself, even! At the rate I'm going, I'm gonna be one of those old ladies off in la-la-land with a constant hum. Yikes!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new pet name for you will be "Elevator Elsie" for singing along with elevator music. I don't do it out loud (I think...) but get one of those stuck in my head going round and round all day, all night, until I'm ready to commit myself...

7:09 AM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I don't think I consciously sing out loud anywhere, but I do my share of humming. My repertoire is very eclectic too....like Mary's. I do sing in the car where noone can hear me, and I can let loose until someone pulls up next to me...then, I'm a little self-conscious.

Hey, it could have been worse Elsie...you could be one of those people that stolls the aisles talking to themselves and swearing up a storm. I've run into them a few times.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Mary, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does the jingles. But I think I'm guilty of singing them, usually.

Winston. Music often gets stuck in my brain. I wonder if it's because there's not too much else useful in there!

Joy, I haven't taken to talking to myself yet, but it's something I might not notice. Did I ever tell you that my daughter's middle name is Joy? I love that name and wanted her to grow up to be joyful. So far it seems to be working.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

We've all done that. Oh, I've just read the other comments: seems it's just you and me, beautiful!

I skip too.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home