Site Meter Elsie's Space: Miscellany
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Miscellany

  • Son's height makes me feel older than his age does.

  • Why do I put off preparing the taxes when I almost always get some money back?

  • Why did I give up chocolate for Lent when I had such a hard time doing just that last year?

  • Why is it okay to smell like dirt after working in the garden, but if you smell like dirt any other time, you're just dirty?

  • Daughter told me that I looked "bulky." She said it as though it was a compliment. Bulky?

  • How much is too much to spend on Easter candy? And do the calories count if the candy you eat was stolen from your children's baskets?

  • Why was I so sad when our stockbroker died recently? I never even met the man.

  • Why do I care who the father of Anna Nicole's baby is? And why do I hope it's Larry?

  • Am I the only person who doesn't care that CDs replaced vinyl? Am I the only person who finds CDs preferable?

  • Why do I feel embarrassed that son's school guidance counselor called while I had music blasting? Isn't it better that she heard tunes than the t.v.?

  • And once again, why do these thoughts, and others equally inane, swim about my brain?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment on that last point: Because you are one of us, with all the attendant human frailties.

I can relate to several of these. As to giving up chocolate for Lent, I think I would pick something else to forfeit. Like rutabagas or parsley. Never chocolate...

7:12 AM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I like it when people call and I am listening to radio 4 (the - I'm trying to think what to call it - serious? no, worthy one). I don't turn it off straightaway to give them to register that I am clever!

I've given up computer solitaire. Sometimes my fingers twitch they're so desperate to play.

Having gone through the tax man saying I was being penalised and owed them £100, now he says they owe me 1p.

Stolen calories never count. Just like grated cheese doesn't have calories because it's all broken up and aired.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

A very happy Easter to you and Hershey, Elsie. Hope you're really tucking into the chocolate!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonne fete to you too Elsie,

Jack

4:41 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Winston, the chocolate thing was harder than you'd think, but rutabags would be just about impossible ;) I ate so much chocolate yesterday that it'll probably be another 40 days before I can stomach any more!

Liz, I didn't know that cheese is exempt, too! I'm one happy lady.

Jack. Thanks.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Broken biscuits - no calories cos they leak out!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home