Site Meter Elsie's Space: I'm Just a Weirdo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm Just a Weirdo

Having recently been tagged by Liz to list five weird things about me, I've been thinking a lot about just how weird I am. Aren't we all? I suppose I should speak only for myself, so here goes.

1. I love eating tomatoes: raw (with/without salt or sugar), stewed, roasted, stuffed, in a salad, as a salad, pasta sauce, tomato juice. But, I absolutely cannot stomach tomato soup!

2. I am addicted to ice cream sandwiches. I confess to eating at least four per week. I recently lost over 20 lbs. (yay), trying to stick to natural foods, but I could not, would not give up those sandwiches. Do you think I have a problem?

3. My best friend is a man, not my husband. Personally, I don't think that's weird, but people my age and older usually do, so I decided to throw this one in.

4. I can juggle. I'm not great at it, but good enough to impress friends and children. Now if only I could stay within a ten foot radius of where I begin.

5. I can appreciate most sports. I've even been known to participate in a few. But I hate hate hate hockey. Not too weird, right? Unless you consider that the man I had the longest relationship with, other than husband, on and off for ten years, was a pro hockey player. Hmmm, wonder why that didn't work out.

My weirdo list goes on and on. I decided to stick with the least embarrassing of the bunch. I've got so many doozies, it wasn't easy.

Now, I am supposed to tag five other people. Unfortunately, I don't know five others out here in the blogosphere -- sad but true. Therefore, I've decided to issue an open invitation to everyone reading this. Feel free to list five weird things about yourself on your own blog or, if you wish, here. I hope that you might tell me at least one so I can gain a bit more insight into you, my blogging friends. And maybe it'll help me feel a little less weird.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I absolutely love bananas and can eat loads in a day but I hate anything banana-flavoured!

Ice-cream sandwiches? Now I guess we're not talking about ice-cream between bread and butter here? Do you mean what we call wafers with a thin crispy wafery biscuit each side?

Some of my closest friends have been male, so I understand that one too.

It's good to learn some more about you, Elsie.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Liz, ice cream sandwiches are indeed traditionally made with vanilla ice cream sandwiched between chocolate wafers. Nowadays, they're also available in different ice cream flavors, and some people even use chocolate chip cookies instead of the wafers. I am a traditionalist in this regard and stick to the good old sandwiches of my youth.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Peter (the other) said...

I never was really big on ice cream sandwiches, as vanilla is not my favorite flavor.

Elsie, I think you handled the blogosphere's version of a chain letter very gracefully. I don't feel put upon, one way or the other. I share way too much of my weirdness, on my blog, almost daily.

Oh, I get the tomato soup thing, only it is has lessened to my just not preferring tomato soup (without lots of crackers).

1:51 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Peter, another weird thing about me, I never put crackers in my soup or chowda. Just to mushy.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Peter (the other) said...

Elsie, I'm generally wid' ya' (about crackers) except in the case of tomato soup. Now, how about gazpacho? That summery regular that some people make wonderfully, and some make it... cold tomato soup, eeeyuh!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Gazpacho. Nope, not for me either. Cold tomato soup, what could be worse? Now give me a big bowl of New England clam (never Manhattan -- that tomato based thing), cream of broccoli or asparagus, or just plain chicken (and noone makes it better than me), and I'm a happy woman.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home