Site Meter Elsie's Space: The Good, The Bad, and The Flabby
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Flabby

The Good: Today, so far. I just came in from a doctor's visit where I was told that I could "begin getting back into my daily routine." I can't tell you how happy that one little comment makes me! And I can drive!

The Bad: "Still no bending, twisting, or lifting. See you in three weeks." Are you kidding me? I haven't bent, twisted, or lifted anything in at least three months. And I am in desperate need of some bending and twisting. Husband says it's better to wait and stay healthy. At this point, I'm not so sure. But I have to go with doctor knows best.

The Flabby: That would be me. I've lost some weight through diet alone, and I sure could use some toning. Alas, not even physical therapy yet. Back to that no bending twisting thing again. Who would have known how much one can desire some exercise?

All in all, I'd have to say that the Good far outweighs everything else. I can't believe how great I feel considering how bad it was. So cheers to my favorite doctor and the miracle of modern medicine. And wishing you all a bendy, twisty day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter (the other) said...

I went a walkin' today, and doffed my imaginary hat to the ghost of Jerry stridin along. He would tell ya', walkin' is always good for what ever ails you, but then... considering... well, one must make one's own decisions don't one?

2:07 AM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

So the doc wants you to start getting back into your daily routine but with no bending, twisting or lifting? Uh huh.

But it's good to hear that you're mending well anyway!

What about some shiatsu? That doesn't bend your back necessarily but other bits of your anatomy get manipulated for you. And it's rather lovely lying there, letting someone else do the work!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Peter, one does. I did. It stinks. Yeah, a walk, that's the ticket.

Liz, back in the days I actually earned money, I had a standing appointment at my home for a massage every other Tuesday evening. Not shiatsu, which I did try once (ow that hurt), but Swedish (ahhh, that feels good). It's probably the thing I miss most about back then. Masseuse named Robin came with her table and pretty much put me to sleep every time. Talk about relaxing. I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much today. Thinking about someone rubbing all the flab -- yikes. Instead of relaxing, I think it'd be embarrassing.

Shiatsu, you must be tough!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

No, my shiatsu lady is lovely and gentle! The worst bit is the fear that I am about to start snoring!

1:21 PM  
Blogger MaryB said...

I am sooo feeling your pain!

And now I want a massage. (I'm a deep tissue gal, myself. The more it hurts, the more I like it. And I still fall asleep on the table.)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Liz, glad your shiatsu lady is so good. Don't worry about snoring, she'd probably take that as a compliment.

Mary, my oh my. A statement like that could get you into trouble. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts in my own brain.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home