Site Meter Elsie's Space
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Why do I become nervous whenever a police car is driving behind me? Is it a throwback to the days when I'd probably have an illegal substance in the car? Or does everyone get nervous? And if I should start driving erratically because of the stress, do I tell the officer "I'm not stoned, just a bad driver?"

Does google earth scare anyone else but me? I think it's creepy to be able to put in your address and see your home pop up. And you can even zoom in on it! Thankfully, it seems that the photos were taken during winter. The pool cover is on -- whew, imagine being in your swimsuit for all the world to see. Talk about adding insult to injury. I find the entire concept disturbing.

Do the fish that swim around under the ice in the bay feel cold?

If I appreciate the good looks of a twenty-something man, does that make me a dirty old woman? And if I appreciate the looks of a fifty-something man, does that make me just an old woman?

Why do these silly thoughts rattle around in my head?

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I get nervous when I see a police car behind me too! there's this sort of 'What if my driving isn't good for him?' Like he's even noticing my driving!

I think appreciating the looks of the opposite sex of whatever age is perfectly natural. And normal. We're not old women, dirty or otherwise!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger MaryB said...

Yes, yes, yes! I've always found the fact that people can Google-locate where I live creepy. It's not quite as creepy now as it was when I was in a single-family dwelling, but still. Ugh!

No such thing as a dirty old woman, Elsie. There are only dirty old men. We can do whatever we want. (Mary's rules.)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home