Site Meter Elsie's Space: It's a Small, Small World
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's a Small, Small World

My pal Johnny called me from the road. He travels a lot for business, so it's not unusual to hear from him when he's away. This call was a little different though.

He was calling from San Francisco. "Hey, you'll never believe this." "What?" "I was at a trade show having lunch with some other guys. One asked me if I'm from Rhode Island. He recognized the accent. I said yes. He told me that he used to work for a company based in RI. I asked which one. You know, don't you?" He then says the name of the company I worked for for ten years. "Joe Average. Says you two were pretty good friends." "I can't believe it. Yeah, we were pretty good friends back then. How's he doing?" John went on to fill me in. Who'd believe that my buddy, having traveled almost 3,000 miles, would run into someone I know from the other side of the earth? It is a small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home