Site Meter Elsie's Space: From The Mouths of Babes
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

From The Mouths of Babes

  • "You're the best mom. Mary's mom yells all the time. You only yell when we deserve it. And you yell louder."

  • "Mom, how do you tell who wins the war? ... Then what's the point?"

  • "Populars run the school. Geeks run the world."

  • "You and dad laughed too loud last night and kept me awake. Next time, could you please rent a drama?"

  • "Why am I so smart?"

  • Boy 1: "Good music, Mrs. C." Boy 2 (brother of 1) to my son: "Yeah, well he thinks Elvis is good too."

  • "My mom actually had Pong."

  • Me: "Can I see your homework?" He: "It's math. Shouldn't I just wait for dad?"

  • "Your house always smells good.... like brownies."

  • "Why are we not home schooled? Do you think you're not smart enough?"

  • "I love you the best in the world."

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Wonderful, made me laugh. Specially like the 'you yell louder' and 'shouldn't I just wait for dad?'

They know us so well.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

They do know us, don't they? I forgot one of the best ones: "Mom, you do know that "classic rock" is the politically correct way of saying "oldies," don't you?"

8:57 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

I loved this :) made me chuckle!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Makes me chuckle, too. They're funny without even realizing it. Thanks for stopping by, Clare.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home