Site Meter Elsie's Space: Inside Jokes
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Inside Jokes

While talking on the phone with a friend last night, she signed off by saying "chin chin," making me laugh. After hanging up, I started to think about how lucky I am to have several close friends and how many of us have our own inside jokes -- most have been on-going for years. Here are some of my favorites.

Leslie: "Quad."

Betsy: " 'Member when we got those tattoos?"

Sheila: "We're not in Kansas any more."

John: "You don't need ice."

Dawn: "Yeah, butt."

Sarah: "Chin chin, then dance."

Paul: "Thanks, Frank."

What makes them so amusing is that none of them are what they seem. I'm not sure if they're really funny or that I find them so because I love my friends so much. I suppose it doesn't matter. They make life better.

How about you and yours?

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Mostly with my husband. We can look at each other and know what is coming given a certain cue. I have to say it's mostly him who is predictable!

"I fell off my chair, Frank,' is the only one I can think of at the moment though.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elsie.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Hi, Jack.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home