Site Meter Elsie's Space: Quiet
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Quiet

That's how it is right now, at this very moment. Quiet. It's been a while. After almost three weeks of company, kids and husband home on vacation, and the hectic pace of the holidays, I am the only person in my house! "It's so quiet, it's deafening." I know I'm going to love every moment of this day.

Don't get me wrong. I love my family. I love my friends. I'm a social sort of gal. But I tend to be a loner at times. I've always been this way. Mom tells stories of how when I was growing up and things got loud and crazy, she'd find me playing on my bedroom floor, quietly and all alone. She said I always seemed perfectly content to be by myself. It doesn't surprise me. I'm still happy like that.

So I sit here, drinking a cup of tea, thinking about what to do today. I have NO plans. None. It feels great!!! I should take down all the holiday decorations and the tree (mandatory recycling of the tree means it has to come down soon). I should go grocery shopping to fill the fridge with something other than holiday junk. I should go buy my son some new gloves since we can't find any around here that fit him (I wish he'd stop growing for just one day), and it will get cold and snow eventually. I should take the dog to the dog park for some doggie fun. I should go visit my grandmother. I should do some laundry. I should clean the bathrooms. I should, I should, I should.

Instead, and because it's a balmy 50 degrees, I think I'll start with a walk to the lighthouse. Then maybe I'll take myself to the beach and have some chowder for lunch. Then maybe I'll go to the library. Then maybe I'll do something I should. For now I'll enjoy this quiet moment. It is good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much as we love them it is quietly pleasant to be back to normal. (I write this with some thumping beat coming from the Son's room!)

Hope you enjoyed/are enjoying your day.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not saying anything. Don't want to break the silence. Shhhhhhhhh. ;-)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

It was a nice day. But now they're baaaack!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home