Site Meter Elsie's Space: Getting Ready
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Getting Ready

The tree made it into the house over the weekend. It's resting and waiting for tonight when a bunch of little elves will surely turn it into the most spectacular tree this house has ever seen! Even without one decoration hanging from its branches, it brightens up everything. And the smell.....mmmmm. It's Christmas already.
Before

The Bearded One

Here's another secret of mine. I've got a thing for men with beards. I've loved them for as long as I can remember. I think a small part of it is that men seem more cuddly with a beard (like Santa). I think that the biggest attraction is the mystery (like Santa). What is he hiding? Husband is now growing his winter beard! I don't think he particularly cares one way or the other about having a beard, but he understands what it does for me. And for him, I guess.

So with a Ho Ho Ho in my heart and beards on my mind, I'm ready for Christmas. Bring it on, Santa Baby.


2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That is one BIG tree! And a lovely shape. It will look beautiful I'm sure.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Oh, Liz. The problems we're having with the tree! I've never experienced anything quite like it, but have many friends who have. It was bound to happen eventually. This tree is simply not willing to stay straight in its stand. It's swaying all over the place. And I can't live with it like that. So right now, I'm going to remove all the ornaments. I bought a new and improved tree stand, and when husband comes home it's being moved. Then I get to redecorate it all over again tomorrow! I'm always happy to decorate for Christmas, but this is ridiculous!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home