Site Meter Elsie's Space: I have a secret crush....
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Not much to tell.

Monday, July 03, 2006

I have a secret crush....

not so secret anymore, after this weekend. Lots of time spent with family and friends. Yesterday we had a friend over who (I'm trying) we hadn't seen in nine or ten years. Then a bunch of my husband's college buddies came by to see her, too -- a reunion of sorts. It was great. Lots of kids, too. All the guys waited until they were somewhat older to have kids, so there were a bunch the same age as ours. That rarely happens. Nice for everyone. Good food. Kids splashing about the pool. Great weather. Just the perfect family day.

People talk. Smart people are usually interesting (this was a group of exceptionally intelligent people). Then they drank. I didn't. I was the official lifeguard by this time.

And they talk. And the talk goes from how the economy of Brazil affects the economy of Argentina to Brad and Angelina. You know who I'm talking about. And, quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing it. I don't even think Brad is that handsome (I'll admit to admiring his abs just a bit). I don't care what People says. So since I disagree, of course, I'm pressed to say who I think is sexy. And I tell the truth. I've had a crush ever since I can remember. "Donald Sutherland."

Well there's a resounding "no way." Yup, can't help it. And I don't think it's weird at all. I thought it was strange that not one woman said, "oh yeah." I've never really been attracted physically to conventionally handsome men. I've never thought that most movie stars were that great. I always thought the men I've known were "hotter" than some guy on a screen. "Ain't nothing like the real thing." But Donald Sutherland, he's another matter. I can't even tell you why. There's just always been something about him. I was mighty upset when "Commander in Chief" was cancelled. I didn't really care for the show that much, but I watched anyway -- for my Donald. My friends tried to convince me to switch from Donald to Keifer. Geeze. That'll never happen. I've never even seen 24, which a couple of friends insisted is the best show on TV. I'm glad Keifer is successful. Donald must be very proud. And I'm sticking to him.

That's my biggest secret. And now that it's out, I feel so much better. They can make fun of me all they want. He's my crush and I'm sticking to him. Donald Sutherland............aaaahhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home